Re: [Emerald] Pre-Invoice

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 20:29:47 -0700

Ed Miller wrote:

> > Its designed to not be demanding on the system. There are some things
> > you can look at to speed it up, but mostly is giving your SQL Server
> > more RAM (and configuring SQL Server to use it).
>
> In configuration I have the tempdb ram set at 96MB on a 128 MB system
> What else should I look at?

Ouch! Thats pretty bad. What do you have your memory set at? For a
128mb
physical ram system with nothing else running on the SQL Server, I would
set tempdb in ram to 24mb, and the memory to 32768 (64mb of ram). You
might also try set tempdb in RAM to 0 (so that its on disk) and setting
the memory to 44000 (88mb).