Re: [Emerald] ODBC Help!

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:52:58 -0400

From: Ed Miller <emiller@del.net>
>I have allready checked the permissions. Open to everyone full control.
>The errors are in ASP pages when I try to open the db.

Go into each Access DSN and compact and repair them. The .mdb file itself
could be screwed up. If that's not the case, then maybe the database needs
to be fixed to comply with the ODBC changes. If you go to
http://support.microsoft.com/support/search and do a search for 80040e21 in
ODBC, you might find additional info.

Make sure at some point, you restrict the permissions on these files (see my

Josh

>> From: Ed Miller <emiller@del.net>
>> >I just updated to ODBC 2.1 (mdac_type.exe) and lost all Access ODBC
>> >connections. SQL still are working. Worked fine on the other machines
>> >installed it on but gives me errors on all db's I try. 80040e21
>>
>> What applications are trying to read and/or write to these .mdb files?
It