Re: [Emerald] SQL ERRORS!!!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:10:19 -0700

PowerNet wrote:

> I am getting more SQL errors.
>
> Error 1105 Severity 17 State 2
> Can't allocate space for object 'Syslogs' in database 'tempdb' because the 'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out of space in the syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.
>
> Is this something that will need to be done regularly?
> I don't know how to do this?
> Can anyone make it really simple for me?

What where you doing when this happened? You probably need to expand
your tempdb. To do that, follow these steps in Enterprise Manager:

1. Drill down into your databases devices, find the Master Database
DEVICE
and add about 10mb to your Master Database device.

2. Drill down into your databases, find your tempdb Database, and expand
it onto your Master Database Device the amount of space you added in
step #1 and save.