RE: [Emerald] feature request: Duplicate Credit Card Search and add Ban Flag to MBR

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:56:15 -0400

> Rudy Komsic wrote:
> >
> > But if you still want to continue doing
> > this (also going against the CC companies request), a feature
> to continue
> > the order would be to pop up a warning window with an
> > Administrator/Supervisor password line that can bypass this
> feature. This
> > will still give you this capability of using the same credit card for
> > multiple MBRs with the Extra protection of having Management
> authorizing it.
>
> This still seems bizzare to me. One counter example would be a
> business
> that is paying monthly on a CC for a business service, but also puts
> several
> yearly dialup accounts on it. Since Emerald doesn't yet support
> different
> billing periods per service, this would require two MBRs to setup, both
> using the same billing/CC.
>
> It seems like a simple report of multiple CCs would do most of what
> you want, without having to put a bunch of confusing or restritive
> features into the software.
>
> I'm definately open to what other people think of this, though.

Well, this would definately help reduce those double charges that sometimes
occurs with Credit cards. Also, If you want to protect your clients from
multiple MBRs I would recommend the above feature. This way, if the Emerald
Admin wants to have this feature turned on, just have a flag to say yes or
no CC Checking. So people who want it can use it, and those who don't will
have it turned off.