Re: [Emerald] Cancelling service and giving refunds

PowerNet ( (no email) )
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 16:50:41 -0400

I may have figured out a way around Emerald's lack of assistance with this,=
but am not sure yet. What I have started doing is figuring out the refund=
manually, then creating a new invoice in the master tab. The amount of=
the invoice should be negative whatever the refund amount is. After this=
is created, you can pay the invoice just as you would pay a normal=
invoice, and create a payment receipt for both your records and a copy to=
go to the customer. In the daily payment records, this does show as a=
negative amount toward your gross income for the day. Don't forget to let=
the account expire according to whatever the customer's last day of=
service is; you will have to manually adjust this. Hope this works for=
you; I think it's working for us.