Re: [Emerald] NEW SQL HELP!!!!!

Sheryl Weidner ( sds@iea-software.com )
Thu, 20 May 1999 12:45:48 -0700

John,

In the Emerald Administrator, Client Configuration, Report tab, you have the option of defining what global directory your
client machines use to find the report files.

You can set it as something like "c:\program files\emerald", but that means you MUST install Emerald in the c:\program
files\emerald directory on each client machine and that you must install all of the reports on the local machine as well. You
can also set it as a UNC, such as \\SQL\reports, where SQL is the name of the server and reports is the name of a directory you
have shared which contains all of the report files. In that scenario, you must map a network drive on each machine *including
the server* to that shared directory.

If it's working on the server and nowhere else, you either have a c:\directory type setting in your client config, or none of
the other machines have access to the shared directory which is listed there.

Hope this helps,
Sheryl

--Sheryl D. Weidner, Customer Support ManagerIEA Software, Inc. // 831-459-9430 (voice) // 831-459-9434 (fax)http://www.iea-software.com // 500 Seabright #202 // Santa Cruz, CA