Re: [Emerald] SQL 6.5

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 19 May 1999 10:53:41 -0700

John Roman wrote:

> I know this is not a emerald problem but my SQL server will not start
> and therefore Emerald will not start.
> I am receiving the following message on my SQL server today
>
> Can't allocate space for object 'Syslogs' in database 'model' because
> the 'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out of space in Syslogs,
> dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or
> sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.
>
> Does anyone know what file I need to delete or modify so that I can get
> SQL to start??

This shouldn't prevent your SQL Server from starting. I'd be
real curious who/what was changing anything in the model
database. It is was SQL Server uses as a "model" when you
create a new database. Its very rare to see anything using
it.

The above error message is usually given when you are changing
something in a database. Where did you get this error message
from?