Re: [Emerald] Serv-U v2.5a and Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 16 May 1999 17:30:04 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> Here's the response I got from the author of Serv-U FTP regarding a question
> I asked him about why Serv-U FTP 2.5a can't find the home directory when
> using Emerald for external authentication. I do use UNC paths...:

I respest Rob as an author, but this sounds like a cheap reply. I don't
know of any server software package that specifically does NOT let you
use
a UNC. I'll take UNC support over link support any day of the week.

Well, I guess the question is: Do you want us to support user
directories based on a logical path (like you only specify /username
and Emerald inserts d:\ftp\ in front of it) or do you want us to add
an option to not add/verify dirs. The UNC is a MUST if you want
Emerald to create dirs.