Re: [Emerald] Internet SignUp on ASP

Dan Tang ( (no email) )
Sat, 15 May 1999 09:23:33 +0800

Brad,

I do not think I will give out the online signup as a free product. There
are couple of reasons:
1. The programing flow will be very hard to understand, I confused my self.
2. I put a lot of business rule in it, each customer would be different. As
I joint this list for a long time, I know a lot of you out there do not have
experties in MS SQL, so would have difficulties to modify the stored
procedure to suite each ISP.
3. I put a lot of efforts in it, so it only contain server side script and
FrontPage extension, so it will work will all browsers. If you modify any of
them, will mess up Emerald.
4. Emerald will keep updating, so the ASP need to be updated to take
advatage of new feature.
5. Your business is changing, the ASP need to be updated to reflect it.

If I would give out the ASP code, I would like to make sure it would go with
the support. If you would like to be kept posted, please join the mailing
list by send a email to emerald-request@dmn.com.au with message body
SUBSCRIBE only.

Regards,

Dan Tang