Re: [Emerald] Billing

Charles Tomala ( (no email) )
Fri, 14 May 1999 16:11:17 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
To: emerald@iea-software.com <emerald@iea-software.com>
Date: Friday, May 14, 1999 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Billing

>Charles Tomala wrote:
>>
>> Actually there are some problems with entering customers in such a
manner.
>> We have found that with over 2500 MBR's that have been entered that there
>> are times when Emerald will issue incorrect charges to customers, often
>> entering a pro-rated charge for service through the BilledThru date
>> irregardless.
>
>There where two issues in 2.5.260 that encompass this and what you note
>below. Both have been fixed in the 2.5.285 update.

Would it be possible to start an announce list that would give out
information when updates are available. I have been using the 2.5.263 as
instructed and not .260. If there is an update released please let me know
how to obtain it immediatly. Having paid for over 5000 MBR's and support on
them I do not think this is an unreasonable request.

>> In addition there is a billing problem when adding new services to
existing
>> customers. To copy from an earlier message to Dale last week:
>>
>> "For example: An invoice printed (last week) shows accounts expiring
5/7/99
>> and listing charges for service through 7/30/99 (an additional POP box).
>> Yet under 'New Charges' the same service is shown twice, once showing
full
>> amount of $5 and then again with the pro-rated figure of $2.67. What is
odd
>> is that both of these lines had the quantity printed as two and thus the
>> total amounted to $15.34 or more than three months of service for what is
in
>> fact just under that. The listing of the pro-rated figure twice under
>> 'Quantity' seems to be causing the problem."
>
>It was charging the period one more than it should.

Actually it only charged the pro-rated figure one period more. Why would it
do this? Again, having to fix this individually each time it happens is
rather time consuming.

>--
>
>Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT
>IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com

Charles Tomala
President - Olympia Networking Services
"Olympia's Premier Internet Service Provider"