Re: [Emerald] Overlimit Field

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 14 May 1999 14:28:11 -0700

Jeff Woods wrote:

> >How is the over limit field supposed to work? We put in an amount, remove
> >the expire date, and yet the account remains active.
>
> Same here -- that's why we stuck with leaving the expiration date in, even
> with Balance Forward billing. I've informed two different techs at IEA
> about it, so I'm sure Dale knows that this is broken. (in .278)

Actually, I don't. :(

Make sure that RadiusNT is finding your Emerald license key. My
first test didn't have an Emerald key, and RadiusNT wasn't looking
at the overlimit. You can verify this when RadiusNT starts up,
because it will display:

> Enterprise features enabled.
>
> RadiusNT 2.5.175 (Emerald Standard) Initialized...

Secondly, during the authentication, you should notice that balance
and overlimit are in the SQL Statement, and RadiusNT will print
out the Balance/Limit in the debug, if the limit is Non-NULL and
greater than 0:

> SQL Statement: Select DateDiff(Minute, GetDate(), DateAdd(Day, (ma.Extension+ma
> .OverDue+1), maExpireDate)), DateDiff(Minute, GetDate(), DateAdd(Day, sa.Extensi
> on+1, saExpireDate)), sa.AccountID, sa.AccountType, sa.Password, sa.Login, sa.Sh
> ell, ma.Balance, ma.OverLimit From MasterAccounts ma, SubAccounts sa Where sa.L
> ogin='daler' AND ma.CustomerID=sa.CustomerID and sa.Active<>0 and ma.Active<>0
>
> Balance: 24.95
> OverLimit: 10.00
> Sending Reject of id 221 to 7f000001 (localhost)
> Your Account is Overdue.
>
> SQL Statement: INSERT INTO RadLogs(RadLogMsgID, LogDate, Username, Data, Caller
> ID) VALUES (12, GetDate(), 'daler', '-1', '1115551212')

If you do not see the balance/overlimit, its because RadiusNT didn't
find the
overlimit to be non-0/non-null:

> SQL Statement: Select DateDiff(Minute, GetDate(), DateAdd(Day, (ma.Extension+ma
> .OverDue+1), maExpireDate)), DateDiff(Minute, GetDate(), DateAdd(Day, sa.Extensi
> on+1, saExpireDate)), sa.AccountID, sa.AccountType, sa.Password, sa.Login, sa.Sh
> ell, ma.Balance, ma.OverLimit From MasterAccounts ma, SubAccounts sa Where sa.L
> ogin='daler' AND ma.CustomerID=sa.CustomerID and sa.Active<>0 and ma.Active<>0
>
> SQL Statement: RadGetConfigs 1
>
> Sending Ack of id 44 to 7f000001 (localhost)
> User-Service = Framed-User
> Framed-Protocol = PPP
> Framed-Address = 207.53.173.30
> NAS-Port-Type = Async
> Caller-Id = "5551212"

Only difference between these two is that I cleared the overlimit field
before
I did the second auth.