Steps to setup MegaPop with your Radius.
In RadiusNT Admin:
1) Check "User Proxy", "Authentication" and "Accounting"
2) Save the changes
In Emerald Admin:
1) Click on Configuration->RadiusNT
2) Click the "Servers" tab
3) Add each "Server", "IP Address" and "Secret" agreed upon with MegaPop
and ignore the rest of the fields. ("AutoProxy" should be set to none)
4) Click the "Roam Servers" tab
5) Click "Add"
6) In the "Server" filled enter a name. (I used MegaPop)
7) In the "IP Address" field enter a unused local IP Address. (I believe
Dale said it did not matter what IP Address was used as long as something
8) In the "Secret" field enter the radius secret.
9) Check "Treat as Local" and "Strip Domain".
10) Click the "Roam Domains" tab.
11) Click "Add"
12) In the "Domain" field enter the domain you will use. (If user will
login as firstname.lastname@example.org then you would enter domain.com)
13) In the "Roam Server" field pick the "Roam Server" you entered in Step 6
14) Restart Radius
That is the way we have our Radius setup and it works great so far. Our
MegaPop customers login as email@example.com. MegaPop sends all users
with @mydomain.com to our Radius server. Our Radius server strips the
domain and looks for "myuser" in the database and if found allows them to
This only works with a certain version of RadiusNT and I am not sure what
that is right this minute. Check with IEA Support to find out which version
of RadiusNT is the correct one for this.
James Martin, MCP
First Internet Communications, LLC