Re: [Emerald] Emerald and MegaPop

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 10 May 1999 23:47:05 -0700

James Martin wrote:

> >You have to do both.
> >
> >1) You MUST add the Megpop server to your Servers list. Otherwise,
> >RadiusNT
> >will reject the request w/out processing it.
>
> Should "Auto Proxy" under the "Servers" tab point to "none" or to the
> corresponding entry under "Roam Servers"? Does the "Port Type", "Starts at
> 0" etc... make any difference or the number of "Ports" and "Modems" or can
> they be left alone?

Set autoproxy to none. The other information about the NAS doesn't
really matter. I usually just set them to 0.

> >2) You need to create a RadRoamServer entry with a valid IP address, and
> >the
> > strip domain/treat as local flags set (note, the IP is irrelevant,
> >and it
> > doesn't have anything to do with megapop). Then create a
> >RadRoamDomains
> > entry with ficom.net as the domain, pointing to the RadRoamServer you
> > created.
>
> MegaPop gave me four Access Servers. This means I will have four @ficom.net
> entries under "Roam Domains". Will this cause a problem?

You have it backwards. You need to create four SEVERS entries, once
for each IP they gave you. You will only have one RadRoamserver
and RadRoamDomain entry, as noted above.

> >You also need to enable user proxy in the RadiusNT admin and restart
> >RadiusNT.
>
> Previously when I checked "User Proxy" and restarted the Radius Server it
> refused to authenticate even my local users. When I ran in debug mode it
> would load the defaults and after sometime would load the clients and then
> it would go no further. I had to uncheck "User Proxy" and restart Radius to
> allow anyone to log on. The Radius version is 2.5.124 with a file size of
> 331kb and a date of 06/08/1998.

There are some known issues with Proxy and 124. You should upgrade a
machine to 162 and test it. 162 should work find for you.