Re: [Emerald] Emerald and MegaPop

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 10 May 1999 13:30:55 -0700 wrote:
> Hi,
> Are there not some straight forward steps documented to allow authentication by
> proxy. We would like to use MegaPop in conjucntion with Radius and Emerald but
> I have not found a way to do this without adding the suffix to the username in
> the Emerald Database.
> If I check User Proxy or Server Proxy in the RadiusNT Admin and start Radius it
> loads the config but goes no further and will not authenticate my local users.
> We are using the suffix and need to have the account as username in
> Emerald and not I have tried adding the MegaPop servers in
> Roam Servers with "treat as local" and "strip domain" checked as well but the
> only way I can authenticate a test user is to add the MegaPop Server in with my
> Servers and add the suffix to the username in Emerald. I have to be able to
> authenticate the user without the "" being in the database. Thanks
> in advance for your help in this matter.

You have to do both.

1) You MUST add the Megpop server to your Servers list. Otherwise,
will reject the request w/out processing it.

2) You need to create a RadRoamServer entry with a valid IP address, and
strip domain/treat as local flags set (note, the IP is irrelevant,
and it
doesn't have anything to do with megapop). Then create a
entry with as the domain, pointing to the RadRoamServer you

You also need to enable user proxy in the RadiusNT admin and restart