Re: [Emerald] CallsOnline and things

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:43:49 -0700

Greg Waugh wrote:

> Hey everyone... I really need an answer... or at least a response or two to
> this. We are currently on hold with this project and I'm waiting to hear
> words of wisdom to help me proceed. Not a very hard question, I just want
> to know how the CallsOnline view is updated so I can figure out why it is
> not.

When you add a server, Emerald can pre-configure the ports for many
servers. However, it doesn't know how to create ports for all servers.

When RadiusNT receives an accounting request, it will UPDATE the port
to show the status of the user who just logged in or out. However, if
the port does not previously exist, RadiusNT can not update it.

There is a script at:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/Emerald/Updates/updtports.sql

that will look at the ports and add any that are missing. If you
run it a couple of times after your implement RadiusNT, it should
add any missing ports.