Re: [Emerald] Feature Request

DAN TANG ( (no email) )
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:57:52 +0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>
To: emerald@iea-software.com <emerald@iea-software.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 1999 10:18 AM
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Feature Request

>I understand..
>
>But.. if a computer reboots by itself on Saturday afternoon and you come in
>Monday morning... then you have NO idea what the real status of your online
>users is.....

I am sure the customer will abuse you on Monday, since they could not login
on the weekend.

>In any event, I would vote a big NO for that feature.. UNLess it had a flag
>in Radius Admin that would make it selectable.. then mine would always be
>off....

>FYI.. my Radius severs have not needed to be restarted for problems in over
>2 years... Yes, I have installed new software, service paks and etc.. but
>none of them have been shut down because of a problem.

Not necessary to be any problem with server, if you ever want to reboot the
server for some reason, I am sure most people do. I had a lot of time which
I was not sure how to solve particular problem, I just reboot it. How many
times the SQL settings need to be changed and restart the SQL service? I do
have faith on Emerald, but do you have as much faith as with Microsoft? :-(

>Ronnie@itexas.net

Franklin