Re: [Emerald] Total Emerald database Loss

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 13:21:38 -0700

Franco Nogarin wrote:

> At this point I decided to restore from nightly tape backup. Unfortuantely,
> my Seagate backup exec 7.2, was a trial version that someone (me) forgot to
> put my new reg codes into after I bought them, so I opened it to find I was
> on day 71 of a 60 day trial. Great no backups for the last week or so. So I
> put in the reg codes. so now I have to restore from a backup that is over a
> week old. at this point I am bashing my head against the wall. So I proceed
> to load the old backup by doing the following.
>
> My restore fails due to constraints on the database.
>
> Now I am faced with trying to gracefully remove all constraints from the
> database.
>
> does anyone know how I can UN-GRACEFULLY remove all of the constraints so I
> can restore my backup and get up and running again?

How did you backup the database? Were you using the SQL Agent of
Backup Exec? If so, I don't know what to recommend, as I have no
experience with it. If you backed up a dump from SQL, then restore
the dump from the tape, the restore the dump into a blank database that
you created (or a new one from Emerlad Admin) and you should be off.

I have a feeling you were using the SQL Agent for BE, and that its
trying to stuff the data back in, and can't. I would NOT recommend
doing backups that way, for that exact reason.