Re: [Emerald] Error Log

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:04:44 -0800

Ed and Kathy Tate wrote:

> Just F.Y.I.
>
> We just started authentication yesterday and in general we are thrilled with
> our new found source control and information. We have been testing like
> crazy and as you can see by our messages are coming up with questions and
> observations. One thing we noticed that is not a problem but a request to
> be changed in the future is:
>
> When you deactivate a master record or any of the individual services, it
> works correctly but the error message in the log says "User not found", it
> would be great if that could be changed to "User not active".

An inactive user in Emerald is viewed as "not existing" and part
of the license change that was introduced in Emerald 2.5. The inactive
users are filtered out at the SQL level and RadiusNT never actually
sees the user, and thats why it reports it as not found.

One way to recognize this is that inactive users will have a password
in the password column, whereas those uses not in Emerald will have
a blank password in the password column.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html