Re: [Emerald] Radius using 99% of CPU time!!!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:45:22 -0800

David Alvarez wrote:

> > You can install RadiusNT on several other machines, rather than your
> > SQL Server. They all point back to the same SQL Server and can
> > provide fault tolerance if one of your RadiusNT machines go down.
> >
> > The CPU usage of RadiusNT is actually very small and doesn't require
> > a lot of resources.
>
> After upgrading Emerald to 2.5.xxx Radius.exe is taking 99% of my CPU usage.
> restarting the service doesn't work and rebooting NT fixes the problem for about
> a couple of hours. I am using the Radius version that came with Emerald 2.5.xxx
>
> This is a pain specially since I just traced this as being the cause of some
> dialup users getting "The computer you just dialed is not responding" errors when
> serveral users login at the same time.
>
> Why is it doing this and how do I fix it?

What version of RadiusNT are you using? You can find out with "-v".
You might upgrade to 2.5.162 and see if the problem still exists.
Otherwise run RadiusNT in -x15 debug mode and see what the debug
shows while its taking up all the CPU time.

One thing to try is make sure TrimName is enabled in the RadiusNT
admin.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html