Re: [Emerald] Billing New people

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:54:15 -0800

"Geoffrey L. Scully" wrote:

> O.K. I'm entering payments into Emerald for monthly service.
> But on some of these deposits we have new accounts which include
> activation fees and pro-rated charges based on their signup date. When
> you ran billing these people weren't included in the cycle and no
> starting invoice was made for them in Emerald. Do I enter these payments
> anyway to begin their history accurately (which may give them a deposit
> amount on their account that isn't accounted for in Emerald, though it
> IS in Business Works), or do I skip entering those particular payments
> until we start generating a startup invoice in Emerald for new signups?

Why didn't it create an intially invoice for the customer? The pro-rate
and signup charges should appear on the first invoice, that should be
ready to be generated via either the invoice next term (if you need
it immedaitely) or the batch process.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html