Re: [Emerald] consolidation errors - update #1

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:50:12 -0800

"Ronnie D. Franklin" wrote:

> I tried to create the keys as directed..., and get the following error when
> I try to save the table:
>
> Create unique index aborted on duplicate key. Primary key is '40'
>
> > In Enterprise Manager, Edit the CallHistory table, Click the Advanced
> > Features Button, and go to the Primary Key tab. Click on the
> > remove table, and then select the first five fields in order, select
> > non-clustered index, and click add. Finally click save to save the
> > table changes.

This means there are two records in the database that have the same data
for the fields you are specifying in the Primary key. You have to
remove
one of them before you can create the primary key.

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html