Re: [Emerald] Problems creating VSA values in Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:55:47 -0800

david leigh wrote:

> I've been going through our RADIUS dictionary to include all the VSA's for
> Bay Networks - whose gear we use pretty much exclusively.
>
> There is no problem actually adding the attributes to the "Attributes" tab
> on the RadiusNT section of the Emerald Administrator but, as soon as I try
> and put in values in the "Attribute Values" section I get
>
> "SQL Server Error: 547 INSERT statement conflicted with TABLE FOREIGN KEY
> constraint 'fk_RadValue_RadAttributes'. The conflict occured in database
> 'Emerald', table 'RadAttributes' State=2 Severity=16
>
> NOTE: I do NOT get this problem if I add any values to any of the attributes
> that come as standard with the Emerald package.
>
> Running Emerald 2.5.227 on an NT4 SP4 box (no Y2K fixes). Can anyone spot
> the problem?

Is this an upgrade from Emerald 2.2? If so, you will need to run one
more upgrade on your DB to enable the VSA support, as the old tables
won't work.

Run this script on your DB and it will updates the required tables
to allow VSA to work correctly:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/RadiusNT/MSSQL/r25vsa_updt.sql

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html