RE: [Emerald] DOH!

Brandon Bryant ( nailer@midlink.com )
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 12:41:04 -0500

Well, to do this, it would be easier to type the stuff in, which I did.
The trouble I am in is all the invoices and payments that were on the old
MBR.. I think I'm just hosed, but I would LOVE to not be. I can transfer
the db from the backup server to another db on the primary server,
different from emerald. Then I can copy the stuff over, but all I really
need is the history stuff..

Thanks..

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [SMTP:daler@iea-software.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 1999 12:35 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [Emerald] DOH!

Brandon Bryant wrote:

> Does anyone know how to copy an MBR from one SQL server to another? I
> accidentally deleted an MBR that I shouldn't have and didn't realize it
> until it was too late to re-transfer the backup db onto the primary. I
> want to copy ONE MBR from the backup server to the primary. Is there a
way
> to do this? I know it sounds much simpler than it is.. But any help
would
> be great. Thanks!

For one, you might be better off just re-typing in the information.

If they are on the same SQL Server (Say Emerald and Emerald2 databases),
you can use an advanced select into statement:

SET IDENTITY_INSERT MasterAccounts on

Insert Into MasterAccounts(CustomerID, ...)
Select (CustomerID, ...)
>From Emerald2..MasterAccounts
Where CustomerID = xxxx

SET IDENTITY_INSERT MasterAccounts off
SET IDENTITY_INSERT SubAccounts on

Insert Into SubAccounts(AccountID, CustomerID, ...)
Select (AccountID, CustomerID, ...)
>From Emerald2..SubAccounts
Where CustomerID = xxxx

SET IDENTITY_INSERT SubAccounts off

The way I get the columns list is using isql_w and change the formating
to comma seperated and do a "select * From xxxxx". After you get the
first screen, click the stop button and the first like will be your
column list.

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea-software.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html