Re: [Emerald] Applying payments

jpresley@iea-software.com
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:49:22 -0800

Ed,

If you are running Balance Forward, Emerald is acting properly.
Just like you are still allowed to use your credit card if you keep
making minimum payments, your customer will still be allowed to
use the system as long as /they/ make minimum payments. Their
expiration will continue to extend, however they will rapidly
approach whatever you have set as the balance limit since they
aren't paying off fast enough. The balance limit is what is looked at
rather than the expiration date.

On 7 Feb 99, at 23:56, Ed Kuchar wrote concerning:
[Emerald] Applying payments

> Dale,
>
> We are evaluating 2.5.236 to determine if it is stable enough for us to
> upgrade. In testing, I created a situation and wonder if there is
> something we have set wrong. What I did was apply a $1 payment to a $15
> invoice and the expire date advanced by the billing period (1 month). Then
> we billed the next period. After that, we applied another $1 payment to
> the original invoice (that has a balance of $14) and the expire date
> advanced another month. Is there a way to prevent the expire from
> advancing (from the second invoice) until the first invoice is completely
> paid?
>
> This is different from the previously fixed problem that advanced the
> expire date when multiple payments were applied to a single invoice. This
> situation requires a second invoice to be created.
>
> Ed Kuchar
>
> -Ed Kuchar- NetLink Services, Inc. [ekuchar@NLS.NET]
> 440.856.2000(Cleveland) - 330.572.2000(Akron) - 800.730.2522(Other)
> e-mail: sales@nls.net - support@nls.net - billing@nls.net
> Web: http://www.nls.net - http://www.getinfo.net
> Serving: Akron, Alliance, Canton, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton,
> Geauga Co., Lake Co., Massillon, Medina, & Ravenna.
>

> For more information about this list, including removal,
> please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

- Jeff

please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html