Re: [Emerald] Time On-Line

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 07 Feb 1999 21:04:51 -0800

Daniel Wood wrote:

> >It gets it from the RFC for the Attribute Acct-Terminate-Cause.
> >However, you've renamed your Ascend-Disconnect-Reason attribute
> >to Acct-Terminate-Cause, and the numbers your Ascend returns doesn't
> >match up with the RFC numbers. Emerald has no idea that its an
> >Ascnd number vs. an RFC number for that reason.
>
> Yes I understand that but most of the others come back as numbers.
> Where does Emerald get information to translate the number 11 to
> the discription "NAS Reboot" and can this be changed to at least
> display the number like the rest of them?

The known ones are hard coded to what the RFC lists. Unknown
ones display the number. With the server type now being tracked,
it should be easier for Emerald to display the correct terminate
cause, or more accurately, work around the Ascend oddities. :)

For more information about this list, including removal,please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html