Re: [Emerald] adding userids with inactive duplicates

jpresley@iea-software.com
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:17:59 -0800

The reason this is happening is that so many real world customers
have a tendency to go away and then come slinking back. ;_)

When they come back the easiest thing to do is just reactivate
their MBR. If you have another jsmith and the old one is in your
way, we recommend adding some default character to the front of
the old MBR like an asterisk ( *jsmith ) so you can continue to
keep all that typing and not have to reenter it when John comes
sneaking back in after loudly announcing two month's before that
he could get twice the service at half the price down the road! Your
admins will need to tell John that his old name is no longer
available, but he is welcome to be jjsmith (for John Jerk Smith)
;___)

On 29 Jan 99, at 16:46, Ben Conner wrote concerning:
[Emerald] adding userids with inactive duplicates

> Hi,
>
> Emerald does not allow a userid to be reused even if the duplicate
> (service or mbr) is inactive. This seems unnecessarily restrictive...
> ??
>
> --Ben
>
> For more information about this list, including removal,
> please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

- Jeff

please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html