Re: [Emerald] Emerald 2.5: Invoices paid?

Jeff Woods ( jwoods@delta.com )
Mon, 07 Dec 1998 14:05:07 -0500

At 09:40 AM 12/7/98 -0800, you wrote:

>> I love the new search options. However, in the Invoices manager, if I
>> click on "Show unpaid invoices only" it only shows ONE invoice. I know
>> there are more outstanding than that. (The other outstanding ones do
>> appear in the list if I load in ALL invoices).
>
>Do you have the "Only Show last invoice" option checked?

You misunderstand me. It shows one single solitary invoice, say for
"Company A". I *know* that "Company B", "Company C", and "Company D"
(among others) also have unpaid invoices. They show(ed) up properly in
Emerald 2.1. They are not showing up in Emerald 2.5 -- in essence, 2.5 is
telling me that these invoices for the other companies are already paid.

>> Is this a problem with the "balance" field, that I'd need to correct PRIOR
>> to importing the old database?
>
>You will need to check your balance fields for your customers prior to
>using 2.5 for billing. This is a must for everyone.

I haven't tried to send any bills or generate new ones -- just to display
the existing ones that are unpaid. And I know that at least one specific
company whose prior balance field is CORRECT and unpaid is not showing up
when I check "Show Unpaid invoices only" and leave unchecked "Only show
last invoice". In that configuration, with all of the search fields
blank, I would expect the SEARCH button to show me a list of every invoice
for every company that remains unpaid. But only one invoice (one company)
is showing up.

If I do enter the name of a company whose most recent invoice is
outstanding and unpaid, click on "show only unpaid", I get NOTHING. The
invoice DOES show up if I don't click "only unpaid", though, so I know the
invoice is in the database....