Re: [Emerald] HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Deacon ( peterd@iea-software.com )
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 12:48:03 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Ed Miller wrote:

> {SQL Server} Database 'Emerald' cannot br opened - it has been marked
> SUSPECT by recovery. The SA can drop the database with DBCC.

> It looks like Emeral went south. The last back up I have is from 11/29/98
> 4:00 AM but it will not restore and I get the same error again.
> I have it running on other machines but they are both a week old.
> Is thene any help out there. I do not not know much about SQL so any help
> please be as detailed as possiable.

If the database device is still there and you don't think there's anything
wrong with the physical data\emeral*.dat file you can use the
sp_resetstatus to reset the suspect status of the file. Go into
enterprise manager...run sp_resetstatus 'YourEmeraldDB' if it's not
there run the mssql\install\instsupl.sql query to create it.

Then run sp_resetstatus 'YourEmeraldDB' ... And restart your sql server.

Have Fun!
Peter