Re: [Emerald] HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Lange ( )
Tue, 01 Dec 1998 14:38:48 -0600

You may need to drop & recreate the database before you can restore to it.

Use EM, right click on the db and delete, do the same with the devices.

Recreate the db & devices, run the scripts to re-create the tables & such.

Then try the restore.

Hope this helps. I have been there, and without a recent backup.
JOhn :}

At 03:26 PM 12/1/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>{SQL Server} Database 'Emerald' cannot br opened - it has been marked
>SUSPECT by recovery. The SA can drop the database with DBCC.
>It looks like Emeral went south. The last back up I have is from 11/29/98
>4:00 AM but it will not restore and I get the same error again.
>I have it running on other machines but they are both a week old.
>Is thene any help out there. I do not not know much about SQL so any help
>please be as detailed as possiable.
>Ed Miller
>For more information about this list, including removal,
>please see

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC. MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 1918 New Pinery Road Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @

--- __o
--- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town