Re: [Emerald] Emerald 2.5 RC1 Now Available

Jeff Woods ( jwoods@delta.com )
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:03:43 -0500

A "Release Candidate" in programmer parlance is "I think this beta version
is capable of being non-beta software as it is right now, without further
changes. So I'm going to let a wider group of people test that theory, and
if there are no problems, I'll release this very version as the non-beta
'release' version, chanigng only the version numbers in the display. If I
do find additioanl errors, though, there will be additional betas, such as
RC2, RC3. It means I'm VERY VERY close to finishing the #$%^&*(, and any
estimates I make about release dates at this poing can be considered 99%
accurate."

;-) Smile, Dale, that's a FRIENDLY dig -- 2.5 is well done, and worth the
wait. Thanks!