Re: [Emerald] Servu and Home Directory

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:33:30 -0800

jdyer wrote:

> We are using the current Emerald 2.5beta

> When a user is created the default home directory setting is always blank,
> even though it is setup in the administrator.
> If we put the correct directory in, ftp access via servu works fine.

What value do you have setup in the Admin? Are you defining a group
directory or the global directory?

> If the directory entry is blank it has the effect of letting any user with a
> valid username and password into the home pages of other users with full
> access!

What do you have Serv-U's home FTP directory to? Make it something else
that the user running Serv-U doesn't have access to and it will not
allow this. Don't make it the root of all the user's home dirs. :(

> A SQL Statement that would put the correct default UNC path for all blank
> entries would be good.

Update SubAccounts
Set HomeDir = "\\server\share\" + Login
Where HomeDir is NULL or HomeDir = " "