Re: [Emerald] SQL Database Transfers

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:04:10 -0800

Glen Harvy wrote:

> Presumably everyone has found their own way of overcoming this major
> shortcoming and I would like to hear what people have done.
>
> I am not an SQL expert and nor did I think I would need to become one after
> purchasing Emerald <sigh>.

Check out the CallDetails table I've outlined several times (search for
CallDetails on the search on our website). It explains how to setup
a parallel table without all the extra baggage.

> I have in mind creating a new database each month called "nov_1998" or
> something similar and then using the Transfer Management Interface to copy
> the data into there from Emerald for future reference/use. The book i have
> seems to use the word "move" and "copy" as if they meant one and the same
> thing!!!! If I do take this course of action, will I delete the data
> information in Emerald?

If you break down the data into multiple table like that, then you
can't do a query to summarize more than one month, with taking
additional
steps to include all the little tables.