RE: tempdb

Robert H. Clugston ( (no email) )
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:52:06 -0800

John,
Where do I change this? I know when your in SQL enterprise manager and you
go to configure, configuration you get a list of keys and values. Like I
said before I tried changing these before....... and I had to restore my
database from a backup doing business hours. I would like to know what
values to change exactly......
My table so 4 values for every key. Minimum, Maximum, Running and Current.

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of John Lange
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 1998 4:18 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: tempdb

HI

The setting is in 2k blocks, so if you want 32mb try 16384. You may have
to juggle the numbers a little some times (MB X 1024)*.5 doesn't give a
number that sql likes.

JOhn :}

At 03:56 PM 11/12/1998 -0800, you wrote:
>List,
> I want to move my tempdb from disk to ram. I've tried this once and MSSQL
>wouldn't start after I stopped it. I want to know exactly what values to
>change. I've got 128mb of ram and could use up to 32mb of it for the
tempdb.

>For more information about this list, including removal,
>please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
608.742.1601 & 6980 1918 New Pinery Road
http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
Visit our online store @ http://www.microt.com/
Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/index.html

--- __o