Mail System Error - Returned Mail

Mail Administrato ( Postmaster@mail.i-server.net )
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:48:52 +0200

--===========================_ _= 3698120(159)

Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was
not reachable within the allowed queue period. The amount of time
a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configura-
tion parameters.

Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but
it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not
have a mail system running right now.

The queue containing messages destined for gl.i-server.net
was expired by the Postmaster of mail.i-server.net.

The following recipients did not receive your message:

<jbornemann@gl.i-server.net>

Please reply to Postmaster@mail.i-server.net

--===========================_ _= 3698120(159)

From: Duane Schaub <dschaub@terraworld.net>
To: <admin@calcoast.com>
CC: <radiusnt@iea-software.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 22:54:10 "GMT"
Subject: RE:Online Provisioning and Bay Networks

We are successfully using the 5399 and 8000 series boxes. We
had a lot of problems until the V.90 was released. They are
very difficult to configure initially... If you are not familiar
with the product, don't expect to open the box and make it work
on the same day like a PM3!

We are still unable to assign Static IP's to a few users. We have
an open ticket on this issue and are having a hard time getting
Bay support to understand the issue.

The boxes are VERY robust but make Cisco look like cake! There are
so many features and the docs are 1800+ pages, that it's difficult
to get all of the options right without leaving security holes or
not being able to authenticate all users. (PAP, CHAP, Clear, etc.)

Also, you will want to disable the built-in HTTP and FTP servers until
a latter release of the Bay OS that supports IP restrictions. The
HTTP server is really cool though.

Duane.