Undeliverable: Re: CallDetails

System Administrator ( postmaster@nmt.co.il )
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 00:13:39 +0200

------ =_NextPart_000_01BDE351.96CF8822

Your message

To: Michael Whisenant
Cc: Emerald Lista
Subject: Re: CallDetails
Sent: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:28:09 +0200

Emerald-list@mail.extent.com on Sat, 19 Sep 1998 00:13:35 +0200
The recipient name is not recognized
MSEXCH:IMS:NMT:nmt:MAIN 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

------ =_NextPart_000_01BDE351.96CF8822

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
To: Michael Whisenant <mwhisen@airnet.net>
Cc: Emerald Lista <emerald@iea-software.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 18:28:09 +0200

Michael Whisenant wrote:

> Dale,
>
> This is a posting that you made and I have a few questions
regarding the
> CallDetails that may clear up some points. From the first portion it
> creates the table inside Emerald and
> populates the fields. Since this is a portion of the information
contained
> in calls the database size should not grow extremely large. However,
if
> you wanted to place this into another database what would the process
be,
> and/or advantages of doing so?

We've actually done some custom installations for larger customers to
put
the calls table into its own database, to prevent it from causing
problems
with the Emerald database. There isn't any reason why you couldn't do
that
with the calldetails as well. Just create the new database, and fully
qualify the objects. For Example, if you create a new DB called
Emerald2,
and created the CallDetails table in there, you would need to modify the

trigger to insert into Emerald2..CallDetails rather than just
CallDetails.

> I have a question on the trigger and exactly when it is used.
Are the
> records inserted each time the calls arrive? Or could this be
scheduled to
> run as a scheduled task nightly?

The trigger is ran at the exact moment the record is inserted (and one
for
each record inserted). It can be scheduled, but its not an exact art
and
requires additional modifications beyond just running a couple of
commands.

> Select @ast=i.AcctStatusType From inserted i IF @ast = 2 BEGIN Insert
INTO
> CallDetails Select DateAdd(Second, 0-i.AcctDelayTime, i.CallDate),

Just fully qualify CallDetails here with the name format of:

Database..Table

------ =_NextPart_000_01BDE351.96CF8822--