Re: Emerald - logs

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 14:57:29 -0700

Emerald wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting the following error in my log file:
>
> Mon Sep 14 15:51:02 1998: ODBC Error:37000:1105:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Can't allocate space for
> object 'Syslogs' in database 'Emerald' because the 'logsegment' segment is
> full. If you ran out of space in Syslogs, dump the transaction log.
> Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of
> the segment.
>
> What am I supposed to do?
> I get SQL Command Failed for any attempt to modify my database via emerald,
> and emarld is nuts, it shows users that already logged off as logged on and
> some that are logging on do not appear....

The log segment of your Emerlad database is full. YOu need to expand
it:

Run Enterprise manager and Connect to your SQL Server. You will need
to do two things:

1. Go to Database Devices, and Expand the size of your EmerDev Database
device.

2. Go to Databases, and expand the data segment size of your Emerald
database
on the free space that you created above.

That should get everything working again.