Re: Special (authenticate anyone) user in text mode ?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 11:35:36 -0700

Danny Sinang wrote:

> I seem to remember someone once mention a special user in text mode which
> will allow ANYONE to successfully be authneticated by RadiusNT. But I can't
> find his email about it.

Use this entry at the bottom of your users files:

DEFAULT Password = "ANY"
Attribute = Values,
etc..

but only when you want to auth everyone.

> Can someone please refresh my memory ? What is the name of this special user
> ? Is it "any" ? And will my customers need to use "any" as their login name
> ? Or will their existing login names be accepted ? If their login names will
> be accepted, will it be accounted for in both text mode ODBC mode ?

It will accept all username/password combinations. The "ANY" password
actually works for any username (including DEFAULT) as well as any user
in the database (ODBC MODE). In both mode, it will do accounting to
both.
This dosn't change anything about how accounting works (it still works
as normal).

> Does this special user work also for RadiusNT 1.16.60 ?

Nope.