Re: Logging calls

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:16:37 -0700

David Moore wrote:

> I finally have our evaluation version of RadiusNT enterprise up and
> accepting pass through authentication from a merit radius server. However,
> it does not appear to be logging the calls. We have successfully logged on
> several test accounts. Some data does accumulate in the RadLogs table, but
> nothing in the Calls or ServerPorts tables. Do I need to fill something
> out in ServerPorts or are the records in it created by radiusNT?.

I would guess that you are only see authentication requests, and
not accounting requests. If you run RadiusNT in -x15 debug mode,
are you seeing accounting requests? They will be of type 4 and
have an acct-status-type attribute in them.

> We are using RadiusNT to coordinate authentication and billing for roaming
> accounts, so we don't own or manage the NAS used by these customers. Will
> RadiusNT track who is on-line at a given time (for tech support and
> concurrency control) and record the session length (for billing)? If so
> what entries do I need to make in which tables?

It will only if it is receving the accounting information from the NAS
for those sessions.