RE: FW: Password Replace not working on NT

( ssilver@ideasign.com )
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:42:48 -0500

Correct. We built the system that runs RadiusNT on our bench, not connected
to the network where it is now. In order to test the password-replace
option, we had to add local users to the system (unlike when it is connected
to the network where it should pick up the user info from the domain
controller). That worked. But after changing the password to
WINNT\IDEASIGN, and attaching it to the Ideasign domain LAN, no password
replace.

Sandy

-----Original Message-----
From: radiusnt-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:radiusnt-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 1998 2:28 PM
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: FW: Password Replace not working on NT

ssilver@ideasign.com wrote:

> We have just implemented RadiusNT V2.5.xxx and want to use the NT password
> replace option. The machine radius is an NT server but not a domain
> controller. We tested this using WINNT as the default password and
placing
> the test users into NT as local users. This worked OK. However, when we
> put the server on the network and changed the default password to
> WINNT/DOMAIN (with our domain being called IDEASIGN), we do not get
password
> replacement. Is there some requirement that the machine be a PDC or BDC
> that isn't documented? What do we need to do to get this working?

So the password replacement did work with just WINNT but didn't work
with WINNT\DOMAIN?

--Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea-software.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com