RE: MaxSessionLength in ServerAccess table

Mark Colasante ( )
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:12:00 -0400

Thanks Dale. I didn't have a stored procedure called RadCheckPort in
the database at all. I created it and all works fine now.

Mark Colasante

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. []
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 1998 2:20 AM
Subject: Re: MaxSessionLength in ServerAccess table

Mark Colasante wrote:
> What value should be in the MaxSessionLength column in the
> table in order to NOT limit the session lengths. I am using Radius
> and SQL Server database. Currently, I have this field NULL for all
> servers and it does not allow any access at all. I had them set to 0
> also but got the same denied access.

Do you see the "Access allowed for xx Seconds"? If you do, then RadiusNT
sees a MSL as a positive number. The value can be 0 or NULL. What does
radlogin show for the return attributes for the user?

Also, check your RadCheckPort stored procedure. It should look like

CREATE PROCEDURE RadCheckPort @nasid varchar(16), @nasport integer, @at
varchar(15) AS
Select MaxSessionLength, StartTime, StopTime, CurrTime = (DatePart(Hour,
GetDate()) * 60) + DatePart(Minute, GetDate())