Re: Attribute 26 - vendor specific ?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:35:07 -0700

Glenn, Bill wrote:

> If I may, I'd like to ask a question to any Radius knowledgable list
> members. First, does RadiusNT 2.5.105 support vendor specific accounting
> attributes? Second, if so what do I need to add to the dictionary file to
> enable this attribute. I can,see the attribute is present in the accounting
> debug log but it has a null value and I know a value is present in the
> request packet.

Vendor Specific Attributes are only supported in ODBC mode. A couple
of people have reported problems with VSA in 2.5.12x and they are
testing a correction for it.

You must add the Vendor ID in the RadVendors table (like 9 for
Cisco, etc) and then you can add attributes into the RadAttriutes
table with a RadAttributeID of 26, a RadVendorID matching the entry
you added, and a RadVendorType of the VSA you want to have. The
data portion will allways be the data speicfic to the VSA.