Re: Doc File

Edsonet ( administrator@yellowhead.com )
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:47:06 -0600

At Fri, 07 Aug 1998 13:44:33 -0600, you wrote:
>What Version of MS Word is required to read the RadiusNT25.doc file. We are
>using MS Word Version 7.0, and none of the formatting comes through when we
>attempt to view it. The HTML files on the Web site are only for RadiusNT
>V2.2, which explains some of the difficulty we had setting 2.5 up.
>
>J.A. Coutts
>Systems Engineer
>Edsonet/TravPro
******************* REPLY ******************
I answered my own question. After much diligent searching through
Microsoft's support site, I found that the formatting for Word97/98 is
different from previous versions (no explanation offered as to why). There
is an update patch available from Microsoft called WRD97CNV.EXE, which will
detect a Word97 file and convert it so that it can be read by Version 6.x
or 7.x. Since Word97/98 will read the older files, might I suggest that the
DOC files on the Web site be converted so that everyone can read them.

MS Word is not considered a critical application at our site, such that we
would always have the latest version.

J.A. Coutts
Systems Engineer
Edsonet/TravPro