[RadiusNT Digest]

radiusnt-digest-request@iea-software.com
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 00:00:36 -0700

Message 1: Request for Enhancement
from hostmaster@interaxs.net

Message 2: ODBC errors (solved)
from Ted Olson <tolson@ocsnet.net>

Message 3: RE: Request for Enhancement
from Andy Knight <AKnight@lgc.com>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Request for Enhancement
From: hostmaster@interaxs.net
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 08:00:51 -0400

Hi Dale,

I have been following several threads in various lists regarding multiple
concurrent logon control. RadiusNT does an excellent joj of controlling this!

The one feature that is very often mentioned that seems to be an excellent
idea, for several reasons, including selling more dialin accounts to
commercial entities using one dialin for all employees, is the ability to
send an email to the offending account explaining that the logon was
rejected due to the fact that the username is already logged on.

Might there be a way to get RadiusNT to have this option in a not too
distant release?

Jim Evans

----------------------------
We Distribute the Easy Internet and Easy HTML CD Roms
hostmaster@interaxs.net
InterNet Access Network
18 McDaniel Street
Dayton, OH 45405-4816
Voice: 937-461-3660 Fax:937-228-2773

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: ODBC errors (solved)
From: Ted Olson <tolson@ocsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 11:02:36 -0700

Followup - after our recent login server upgrade we started getting lots of
these errors:

ODBC Error:23000:-1605:

Finally resolved this one after noticing in the ACCT debug file that every
error was immediately preceded by 2 identical stop records - which explains
the "duplicate key" ODBC error. Kurt at IEA had mentioned NAS timeout
values, which sounded like they could be related - we increased them to 10
and that error stopped occuring.

We're still seeing a few of the following AUTH errors however, seem to be
related to either no username or invalid character problems in the
password. I wonder if these errors are considered normal? Any possible
relationship to the "trim" option, which we have checked?

ODBC Error:00000:0:
ODBC Error:00000:6:

Ted Olson
Olson Computer Services

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 3 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: RE: Request for Enhancement
From: Andy Knight <AKnight@lgc.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 14:41:32 -0500

Actually the idea of allowing simultaneous access with one user account
is not as bad as it sounds. I have not been able to find an ISP global
or otherwise that allows for this functionality.
Here is the scenario:

I am implementing PPTP for all of my dialup users however I don't want
to buy all of my users 1500+ an individual account. I would rather start
out with a fixed number of accounts to be able to login to the ISP with
a single account. The ISP can charge me as though I have 100 accounts
or whatever number I decide on. I also would like to have some
"overdraft" coverage in there like +10 connections for when there are an
abnormally high number of users traveling.

If this could be monitored to tell me how many calls on the average the
ISP is recieving on this account. Depending on what the outcome is, I
can adjust my account login limit accordingly.

I have talked with many an ISP and they all seem to tell me the same
thing:
My billing software does not allow for that.

Andy
aknight@lgc.com