Re: Feature Request - IP Address Pool Management

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 01 Aug 1998 22:47:39 -0700

Scott A. Morris wrote:

> Livingston's recent tour pointed out some interesting things about their
> plans for future direction.
>
> They said that they will only support multiple IP address pools (similar to
> Ascend's implementation) in their Radius ABM product rather than addressing
> it in ComOS.
>
> Livingston may be the father of RADIUS, but I can not see our clients
> dumping your product to jump on their ABM product. Livingston's track record
> at timely and functional software updates seems to have hit an all time new
> low.
>
> Your Radius product has all of the functional elements to handle the job.
> Have you (will you) look into adding this feature?

Its already in the works. Its being rolled into the Emerald database
schema, and will be available around the same time that Emerald 2.5
itself
is (with a newer version of RadiusNT 2.5 itself, of course). This
feature
will only be avilable with a RadiusNT Enterprise licenses or Emerald
Standard/Enterprise licenses.