Re: Radius start error (solved)

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 23:25:24 -0700

Ted Olson wrote:

> RECAP
> The good news is that all is running great again! I still have a question
> mark about what actually happened to cause the problem in the first place,
> but that may never be known. Would a reinstall of 1.16 have solved it?
> Maybe, but by the time we reached that point it didn't make sense not to
> move up to 2.5 (if that had not worked we would have backtracked).

I don't know exactly why 2.5 works better with the ODBC 3.x and higher
drivers, but its does. At an API layer, we are using the same calls.
However, at an implementation level, it was completely re-written to
be optimized for speed and flexibility.

What I would be interested in Access is what the performance different
(whether good or bad) is with RadiusNT 2.5, since it opens two
connections
to the database (one for accounting and one for authentication).