Re: Access 97 db gone wild - help!

Scott Lagos ( slagos@net1plus.com )
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:32:42 -0400

We were running in to the same problem and as a matter of fact we still do
to a certain degree.

What we did is export the Calls table to a seperate database and have it
linked to the primary database. The only problem we have found with this
is that we have to run RADIUS on the same server as the DB because Access
does not support UNCs in the Link table function. (maybe it does but we
didnt check that closely)

The clear answer is move to SQL and thats what we are in the process of
doing now. I'm not sure if SQL will bloat the same way, but I suspect not.

Scott