Re: using the unix passwd file

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:31:41 -0700

Frank Nowling wrote:

> I've been trying to get 2.5.124 to validate against a passwd file in the
> c:\radius directory.
> I'm running in ODBC mode only and have a test account with a password of
> UNIX. radius reports a bad password when using radlogin. Page 14 of the
> v2.5 manual seems straight forward enough, is there a step missing or is
> this functionallity broken? My only thought was that the process that got
> the passwd file to me may have DOSified passwd by putting a cr/lf
> combination at the end of each line. could this cause a problem?

Make sure the data directory in the RadiusNT admin is fully specified.
RadiusNT will look in that directory for the passwd file. You should
see a line with the password the user received, the encrypted password
in the passwd file, and the encrypted password (from the clear text one
the user entered). If you don't see that line, RadiusNT could find the
passwd file.