Re: Calls table primary key

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 13:17:41 -0700

2Day Internet wrote:

> Is there any reason the calls table uses
>
> NASIdentifier
> NASPort
> AcctSessionID
> AcctStatusType
>
> as a primary key rather than a seeded integer?

Yes. Althought the NASPort field is not needed, the rest are required
since they are the only way of telling whether RadiusNT has seen this
accounting record before. You could add a INDENTITY column and make
a unique index out of the three fields, but what would that gain you?

> Now that my Netserver/8i produces AcctSessionID's up to 30-35 chars in len,
> I thought I might change the schema to get that column out of the primary
> key.

You can basically do anything you want. However, you may alter the
behavior of what comes into the database if you change the keys.