[RadiusNT Digest]

radiusnt-digest-request@iea-software.com
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 00:00:47 -0700

Message 1: Re: Ip address and concurrency
from Thomas Kernen <tkernen@deckpoint.ch>

Message 2: Update Online user usage
from Michael Whisenant <mwhisen@airnet.net>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Ip address and concurrency
From: Thomas Kernen <tkernen@deckpoint.ch>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 11:21:50 +0200

Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

> > > Make sure you have variable login limits enabled. Otherwise, RadiusNT
> > > ignores the Login Limit field and uses one for all users.
> >
> > yes I do have variable login limits enabled. As I mentioned, if a user
> > has a login limit of 2, he will be able to do channel bundling. On the
> > other hand if he wants to login twice from 2 separate computers he
> > wouldn't be able to login with the second connection.
>
> If this is an Ascend, have you checked your shared profiles setting?

Ok, so it all seems to have boiled down to:

Radius with concurency control + variable login limits. User X has a
login limit of 2. If user X is logged-in and using MP or MPP, then the
user can login again (limit of 2 for his profile). If on the other hand
the user is using PPP, he will not be able to login again if the shared
profile setting is not set to yes.

Does this sound right or are there other tricks?

Thomas

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Update Online user usage
From: Michael Whisenant <mwhisen@airnet.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 10:22:58 -0500

Dale and/or members of this list...

You posted this neat script a few weeks back. Now I have question or two.
1. If I were to run this on a 15 minute interval and planned to kep said
data for a period of two months, what impact for size would that have on my
database assuming that I have 30-40 NAS?

2. How much impact would this be to automate. I think I can manually add
this to the