Re: NAS-Port-Type

Dale Reed ( daler@iea-software.com )
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 21:22:53 -0700

Mourad Dahoumane wrote:

> If I use server port access, then it works: the user is denied access to
> the port async ports
> and allowed access to one of the 10 B channels.
> But with server port access enabled, roaming users are denied access to
> through Ipass (radius
> doesnt recognize the type of port, of course there is no physical ports
> there).

HMMM. I'll have to think about the roam perspective of SPA. :(

> With check attributes, it doesn't work as I a explained earlier. I am using
> ODBC only
> In the text file it looks like this :
>
> xxxxxxx Password = "yyyyyy", Expiration = "Aug 01 1998"
> Framed-Protocol = 1
> NAS-Port-Type = 2
> Port-Limit = 1
> User-Service = 0

If you are running in ODBC only mode, the text file doesn't matter.
Not sure if you meant something else above?

> the authentication process is like the following:
>
> decrypted password:dghgdhdfgfh
>
> sql statement: RadGetConfigs 91

> SQL statement : RadGetATConfigs 'ISDN '
>
> User-Service = Framed-user (2)
> Framed-protocol = PPP (1)
> Port-Limit = 1 (1)
> NAS-Port-Type = ISDN (2)
> Sending Ack of id 239 to c33de104
> User-Service = Framed-user
> Framed-protocol = PPP
> Port-Limit = 1
> NAS-Port-Type = ISDN

You need to make NAS-Port-Type a CHECK attribute, not a reply attribute.
You need RadiusNT 2.5 for this, and in the RadATConfigs table, the
NAS-Port-Type record should havde the RadCheck value set to 1. All
other
records will have RadCheck set to either NULL or 0.